Since our start in June 2015, 100 Women Who Care Winnipeg has supported many fine and worthy registered charities including:
- Manitoba Riders for Disabilities Association
- Jocelyn House Hospice
- Villa Rosa
- NorWest Community Food Centre
- Deer Lodge Foundation
- Holy Names House of Peace
- Never Alone Foundation
- St. Matthews-Maryland Community Ministry
- Riverview Health Centre
- Esther House
- ALS Society of MB
- Candace House
- The Kindred Project
- A Port in the Storm
- Spence Neighbourhood Association, W/E 24
Thank you to all of our members for putting forward their favourite charities for consideration. We all learn so much about the wonderful programs here in our local area.
Here is more information on Registered Charity Guidelines for 100 Women Who Care Winnipeg:
AN ORGANIZATION CAN ONLY BE CONSIDERED AT A MEETING IF IT MEETS THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- It is locally based (Winnipeg & surrounding area). National and international organizations MUST have a local chapter to be considered.
- Must be a registered charity that can provide tax receipts to each member for their donation.
How to make a pitch, and how to make your pitch great can make a difference. Check out TIPS page on how to best present your nominated charity.
How to nominate a group for consideration:
- Confirm that your charity meets the criteria. If you are not sure if your charity of choice is registered with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), then click here.
- We will give you a slip of paper for your charity nomination at each meeting.
- Each member attending the meeting can each put the name of their charity in the ballot box before the meeting. Three of these names will be drawn and we will hear a brief (three to five minute) presentation from a 100+ Women Who Care member about each one.