The 100 Women Who Care approach is a simple, efficient and fun approach to group philanthropy.
- 100 Women Who Care Winnipeg meets four times a year.
- We each write a cheque made out for $100.
- Each member puts forward a charity and these are collected. Three are drawn and the women who nominated them get five minutes to state why they believe their charity should get the collected donations. Then the members vote.
- The winning charity will get cheques for $100 from each of the 100 members. This is $10,000 for a local charity, raised in just one hour.
But we’re not going to stop at 100. Regardless of the number of women who join us, we will go ahead with our efforts, and continue to grow, increasing the impact of our efforts on our community.
100 Women Who Care is for you if:
- You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer but have been wanting to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every three months;
- You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in Winnipeg;
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
To join 100 Women Who Care Winnipeg, complete a Membership Form. You must be at the meeting, and be a member, to put a name in the hat and speak about the organization.
On each of four nights during the year, these 100 Women Who Care give up to $10,000 to a local charity, non-profit, or worthy cause, right here in the Winnipeg community. It’s fast, simple, and amazingly effective. We invite you to attend any time as a guest to see how it works and decide if the group is right for you.
Here is a quick video explaining how it works
A few simple rules:
- We each donate $100 per meeting (That comes out to just over $1 a day each year).
- Each of the three charities selected from the hat will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. This presentation must be made by a member of the 100 Women Who Care, who may or may not be a member of the organization.
- If you are unable to attend any given meeting during the year, please give your cheque to a member to deliver on your behalf, or arrange to have your $100 cheque made out to the selected charity by another member.
- By ballot, the group will vote, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All cheques go to one charity.
- No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Winnipeg.
- Only three charities will be presented at each meeting.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- Three (3) years after being selected by the group to receive $10,000+ donation, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.
- Any charity receiving less than $10,000 can be re-submitted for selection by the group after one (1) year.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ section for answers.